Monday, April 30, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -April 19

April 19 [1968]
Friday
Dear Family,

Hi!  I got your (Mom & Dad's) post-cards yesterday.  The mail around here is all goofed up I'm not sure why.  I guess about half of it was stolen or something.  So – if you should send me money send it in check, OK.  (HINT) NO – seriously I need to $5 to pay for my portrait.   It really looks like me.

Thanks alot for the grapefruit and oranges.  They were really good.  It's the Horton & Grandma & Grand-daddy that should be thanked I guess.  So – if you could for me.

The Republican thing is really getting rolling.  Convention is what it is.  There is Reagan, Nixon, Rockerfeller [sic], and Romney.  Each has about 15 people working for them.  The group for Rockerfeller will do your dishcrew.  So & So is having a coffee-house.  Real Politics!   It's really neat (& interesting)  The actual convention is next Wednesday.  Tuesday nite (of next week) a sate senator is coming to speak.

We got out of classes Wednesday afternoon for a work privilege.  A work privilege.  Man!  We all did jobs outside.  It was a very nice day so I enjoyed it pretty much – but a work privilege!  I helped wash windows.

Yesterday I started reading This stranger my son.  It's written by Louise Wilson.  It's about her son who is a schizophrenic.  Needless to say I read it almost all afternoon & then on into evening study hall.  I finished it this morning about 6:00!!  (I got up to study but I read the end of it which was only about 12 pages.  You should read it.  It's good reading.

This week-end I hope to get Vanished from the library in town.  The new one is open!  It's about the time near a presidential election & all of a sudden this Washington D.C. attorney & close friend to the president vanishes.  Then an F.B.I. agent and a newspaperman also vanish.  Have you ever read it?  I think Fletcher Knebel wrote it.

Romeo & Juliet is as bad as ever.

Write!

Love, 
Roberta

PS  Another boy left school this last Monday.  He was a senior – I'm not sure what he's going to do at home.  Go to school or what.

Only 43 More Days!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album