Wednesday, April 04, 2018

1988 MV's Letter -March 21

21 March 88
Dear Mom, Dad and Grandma [At Hortons] 

Thanks for your postcard which came Saturday.  Diane thought it rather funny to have a piece of pie on a postcard.

I'm really enjoying my job at Zondervan's and feel like I've finally figured out the card section.  I'm placing my first big order tomorrow; trying to bring everything up to date; there are some holes in the display and in the packaged card rack.

John Uible called me Friday night and said everything was final but he seemed to be doing well.  He said the guy that is coming for Easter is also going through a divorce.  I'm definitely bringing home 2 girls and maybe 3 – one from S. Carolina, 1 from Georgia and 1 from Texas.

John and I decided we would cook Sunday lunch (Easter) – presuming you all make it home.  His friend is a gourmet cook so just plan on lunch being taken care of.

I did run home the 10th just to renew my driver's license and then came right back.  I had the afternoon off work so I just went ahead and did it.

I really do want to go to the seminar at Princeton but at this time I can't justify putting that much money out for 1 credit hour.  Maybe I can find something cheaper and closer to Lexington.

Hope you all are having nice weather and enjoying the library.

Love,
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album