Sunday, April 29, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -April 18

April 18, 1978
Hi!

Hope you all can recover from 2 letters in 2 days – but have a few minutes so thought I would at least get started!

Seems like things at work have calmed down alot – the state auditor was here – we flunked the test – so he came back – we did some better but not much – so we have been getting ready for a complete audit – getting our records – paper – etc. in order.

I did my state income tax last night – nothing like putting off til the last minute.  It was harder to do than the federal one – I'll be getting back $11.00 – so I didn't mind seeing my way through it.  Must have taken me 15 minutes!

Also got my hair cut last night – over at Dorothy's – she has alot of good experience – has always cut her childrens hair – and she had 8 – only 3 left at home now –

Marion would like to have definite dates as to when you will be in NYC – for the Convention.  She would like to meet us there – I do plan to go.

As you can see from the article – things are really happening at Alma School / Southern – the apartments just up from us – that are up caddy corner – they are almost finished – that sure will add to all the traffic some 260 units in that small area.  Parking is going to be at both ends – not really all that close to all the buildings.

Only 6 weeks of school left actually only 5.  Progress reports have to be sent out this week – telling students if they are flunking any courses ––

Love,
Berta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album