Sunday, April 22, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -April 13

4/13/78
Hi, John!

I'm sitting in one of Marion's classes – she is showing a film – as a teacher she is fantastic – humor – rapport – really gets things across!

I'm glad to hear that the car is now paid for – and I'm still left w/ the question – how bad do you want it – I feel like I'm in the need of a dependable car – the Buick is definitely on its last leg – now summer coming up – we are in the bad need of air conditioning.  After checking it out – everyone discourages putting A/C in it – I need to know what your thinking is – I have planned to call – but will wait now till you get this – time to think – then I'll call.  Perhaps you would rather me pay you the $1600 – then put that toward your own car – I guess I would like the Granada – getting it out here though???  If you were to drive out – when could you – before or after Hudson Guild Farm?

Of course there is always AAA drive-away?  But I'd much rather you drive it out – I'll pay for return trip!

This last week has not been an easy one – last Wednesday 5:00 PM – we got a telephone call from Marion's Dr. – she had been in for a routine pap smear – to make a long story short – the Dr. found she needed a D/C (medical term) & he did that & found cancer cells – so yesterday she was back in the hospital to find out where the cells have gone – and what kind of treatment she will have to go through.   She has at least an immediate hysterectomy ahead – but perhaps radiation treatments before that – but she has alot of thing's going for her – her age – humor – etc.  Today at school she had to cover just one class – so I took off to come with her.  She is a little weak & sore from what all they did yesterday.

She will be out of school rest of school year – Dr. says good 8 weeks to recover.  Good thing the Farm was not on her schedule.  Please!  Keep it quiet as to Farm people – I have told Mom & Dad – but want it kept quiet as to Mary Virginia.

Let me hear your thoughts on the car –

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album