Monday, April 30, 2018

1978 Catherine's Letter to John -April 18

Tuesday afternoon
April 18, 1978
Dear John,

Hi!  I'm sorry it has taken me so long to answer your letter.  Thanks, too, for the post card you sent us from Florida.  It sounds like you had kind of a fast vacation.  It won't be long now though until you are out for the summer.

Has anything come of your plans to help with a campaign?  We haven't heard too much about Ed Davis's campaign except for an article I read about him in New West magazine back in December or January.  I did read something a week or so ago about how he needed more money or he wouldn't have enough to run.  Somewhere I read that Ken Maddy (a state Rep., I think) had a head start over the other candidates because he had a bunch of TV ads on in February and got his name known.

My typing really seems to be deteriorating.  I try to go faster than I should and my rhythm gets off.

We got a babyseat for my bicycle so Wendy and I have been doing alot of bike riding lately.  it is fairly level around town and the streets are wide, some even have bike lanes so it's much nicer than riding in San Diego.  We are looking forward to daylight savings time so we can all go riding together in the evenings.  Right now we get up early in the morning and Wendy and I ride the bike while Gerry jogs along side.

I got a letter from Roberta today and she said that she had talked to you on the phone.  I guess she's pretty upset about Marian – understandably.

It is about Wendy's lunch time so I better sign off.  Send us a post card and let us know what's happening.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album