Tuesday, April 17, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -April 7

April 7, 1968
Dear Family,

Hi1  I got Dad's post-card Friday and Mom's letter today.  Thanks.  If you want to send the red shift up I would appreciate it.  I probably won't be able to use the green dress much more.

Are you planning on coming up Parents' Day?  Perhaps maybe the first week-end in May would be better.  Or perhaps around my birthday.

I've been trying to get in touch with J.N.  I've tried calling after lunch (about 1:30 p.m.) and can't seem to get ahold of them.  I was going to see when & if they would be going home.

I got a letter from Mrs. Hinerman today and she says for me to set the time and she will arrange it.  So!!  I don't really know yet.  We aren't allowed to take weekends after May 1st.  (or Parents Day weekend) As I said before Irene, Reb, Helen & I are wanting to go together (or at least would like to).

Mrs. McKenzie was working when I went over there one day – I can't understand.  I went to see Tr. Susan about Geometry.  Out of luck I now have a D+ average.  She says that is pretty good (for me!).  We've only had one test so far and only have 2 more to go this six weeks.

You know I got some jacks for Dale's younger brother & sister.  Well anyway I spoke to them after lunch & I guess they don't know how to play.  So could you send a copy of the rules in the next letter.  I would appreciate it. 

Yesterday we went to town & I got a dress.  It's actually a shift.  It has green, orange & purple stripes going down.  It's really comfortable.  I thought I could use some sleeve-less dresses for summer.

I also bought (from the school) these yellow stickers say "War is not healthy for children and other living things."  Actually, I guess the money went to help Viet Nam children.

I got a post-card from Catherine today saying she would be mailing my sweater.  I'm sure glad I left it there rather than somewhere in Chicago.

In English we are on poetry.  It's pretty bad.  We are suppose to get the stresses & all.

Well, enough said?

Love,
Roberta

P.S. The immersion coil is really getting good use. 


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album