Tuesday, April 10, 2018

1978 Catherine's Letter -March 28

Tuesday morning
March 28, 1978
Dear Mom and Dad,

Hi!  Your letter arrived yesterday and left me confused as to who, if anyone went to Florida.  It was interesting to hear about the Kuntzmans.  For some reason I thought Rev. K had died.  I must be related to you, Mother – or is that joke in poor taste (thinking that people have died when they haven't?)

I took Wendy to the Dr. yesterday morning.  I called about 9:00 to make an appointment and they said to bring her in at 10:45.  We had to wait about a half hour as the waiting room was filled.  Wendy was real good and smiled at everyone in the waiting room and spent her time studying everyone there.  She got her third polio deal and her third DTP shot.  Evidently it didn't hurt too much as she let out a little whimper when the nurse put the needle in but as soon as I turned her over she smiled at the nurse and that was that.  She now weighs 17 pounds 11.5 ounces and is 29 inches tall.  I have to take her back when she is nine months old for a tuberculosis test.

After we got done at the Dr.'s (we still didn't see the Dr. but at least I knew what to expect this time) we went to the library, and then to Sears as I wanted to check to see if there had been any new sale catalogs lately as I hadn't gotten any since we moved here.  I also bought Wendy two pairs of the larger size bootie socks at Penney's.  When we got home I found a Sears sale catalog in the mail box!

Ricky (?) the girl upstairs who has the two-year-old daughter brought me down some summer outfits for Wendy yesterday.  I had mentioned to her that I needed to get some new clothes for Wendy.  She gave me a couple of cute sunsuits and some t-shirts. Melissa (her daughter) will be two in May.

Sunday we went over to Andersen's Pea Soup place for breakfast (it was OK, they had Birkholm's pastries for sale) and then we came back to Gilroy by way of the mountains east of San Jose.  It wasn't nearly as scenic a route even though it was less traveled.  Maybe next week we'll go down to the Pinnacles as Gerry hasn't been there yet. That is about the only direction we haven't been in yet.

DeeDee saw quite a few commercials for Marriotts Great America while she was here.  We will probably make it up there sometime this summer.  As things stand now DeeDee will be coming to Gilroy right after she gets out of school (June 17 or around then) and she'll stay at least until Aug. 1st and possibly longer.  Her new friend, Jenny is a real nice girl and they got along fairly well.  Jenny brought over her Life game (I found a pink peg in the carpet this morning) and they enjoyed playing that.  They also played lots of jacks.  Jenny is real good at "Around the World" and double bounce.  I had to keep picking the jacks up off the floor though as Wendy thought they tasted good.

I can't think of too much else that is new here.  Hope to hear from you all again soon!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album