Tuesday, April 24, 2018

1988 Velma McGrew's Letter to Roberta -April 15

Epworth Village
April 15 [1988]
Dear Roberta

Believe it or not, I am still riding on that famous cloud that you furnished for me.  I wrote Mary and Bill when I thought they had returned.

The Cadena class had its banquet and installation of new officers, so will soon be getting the new year book.  I find it helpful to have on hand, even though I am not there.

Katie Schusterson whom you met on Sat. night, will be returning Ohio early next month.

Our building had some excitement for two weeks when the elevator broke down.  Meals were brought to us who found it hard to navigate the stairs, and they were very good meals, too.  ,ademe [?] feel ritzy, but not getting out was a real headache.  This was corrected a week ago.

One day this week the dining room observed "April in Paris" for no particular reason; on the 22nd we will have a western picnic between this building and #3.  I suppose the new activities director is planning these.  We now have a new administrator in the second high office – – – a young woman, replacing a man. I have not seen her as yet.

A great great niece graduates from hi sch in June but I will send her gift before that date.

It has been many years since I have sent a gift for this occasion.

Keep well.

With love, Velma

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album