Wednesday, April 11, 2018

1978 Catherine's Letter to MV -March 28

Tuesday morning
March 28, 1978
Dear Mary Virginia,

Hi!  Since I now have two letters from you which need answered I figured I better get busy and write to you.  And, since you included your letter to us in with Mom & Dad's I guess I can send you yours in with a letter to them.  Turn about is fair play you know!

I can't believe how long a bag of apricots is lasting me now.  I eat about five a day and I am just finishing up the bag I opened right after you left. At that rate I'll be eating dried apricots until the fresh ones are ready.  I like the dried ones, but I love the fresh ones!  Do I sound like the commercial for bran chex?

Yesterday a little kid came around to the door selling garlic. He wanted 10¢ a piece but I talked him into giving me three for a quarter.  Then I felt guilty because he went through his bag to give me the biggest ones he could find.

What is the Waltons Easter Story about?  I saw the Christmas story on TV but I never heard of the Easter story.  We saw alot of Easter specials on TV last week while DeeDee was here – Charley Brown, Bugs Bunny, etc.  We saw alot of other stuff on TV too, like I Love Lucy, My Three Sons, The Courtship of Eddies' Father . . ..

I have been reading Ellery Queen mystery stories.  Did you ever see any of them on TV?  It was a series a couple yeas ago.  They are good books as far as mysteries go.  While DeeDee was here she read "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing".  Did you ever read that?  It is about a fourth grade boy who has a three year old brother named or rather nicknamed "Fudge" who is always doing weird things like eating his turtle, pretending he can fly and diving off the jungle gym, etc.  DeeDee told me all the exciting parts, that is why I know so much about it.

Have a Happy April Fool Day! Or is it April Fools Day!  Whatever!

Love, Cathy, Gerry &
Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album