Tuesday, April 24, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -April 16

April 16, '68
P.M.
Dear Family,

Hi!  How was your trip home Sunday?  About 9:00 that night it started a big storm here.  The wind was really blowing.  Did anything like this hit you all?

We are now reading Romeo & Juliet.  Ugh!  It's pretty deep!  (& boring)

Yesterday was Leslie Kendalls birthday and her parents ordered a great big cake for the whole dorm to eat.  It was really good.

Tr. Barbara is working hard on my portrait.  By next week-end it should be done.  (May 1st)  It costs $15 all together.  I paid $5 on it so far.  I have $5 in my envelope – so!  (I need another $5 at least!)

My hair is beginning to fall in about the middle of my head – in the back.  So far it doesn't show very much But ––

I was thinking about going to a Barnesville or possibly a Wheeling doctor & see what they have to say about my "falling hairs."  Dr. Terrell didn't really say much.  I'm going to see if it improves & all first tho.

I got my navy blue sweater today in the mail from Catherine.  She had 8 -6¢ stamps on it plus 2 pennies taped on.

Thanks for bringing us back & everything.  When did the Hortons leave?

Love,
Roberta

PS The grapefruit & oranges are really good!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album