Monday, April 16, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -April 3

[postmarked 4/3/78]
Sunday Morning
7:00 AM –
Good Morning!

I seem to have a good start on the day – as I've got the paper read, had breakfast – and even more-or-less picked up my room.  It would be a good morning to go to early Church – but of all mornings we are going to go to 11:00 service – as I.T. wants to go to Mass & Renee needs a ride to the Airport.

We talked to him last night about his driving the old car (he has a 1966 Dodge now) to the airport – then when we take I.T. to the airport – one of us would drive it back – but he didn't go in for that idea.

We have really had a busy last 2 weeks –– not only here but at work.  Our student count was off more than 100 people – with withdrawals that never went through Data Processing – or new students that were not properly enrolled – thus they never went through Data Processing!

Then on top of that the state auditor came – and spot-checked 3 students – we failed the test on all three.  We didn't have transcripts for two – one had w/d but was carried on teachers roll for some time.

This on top of that grades went out – and all the head-aches there.  Plus we are figuring out next year's registration – and it is really mixed up.

One thing we have been doing this week is swimming for a half hour or so after work – I've gotten to know more kids the last week at the pool – than I've known since October.  By 4:45-5:00 the pool is usually empty or close to it.

Liz really got dark(er) while she was here – that is all she seemed really interested in doing – she would get up early – And 1st thing she would do was to put on her bathing suit!

I dropped my watch the other day – picked it up real fast – but still the damage had been done.  Took it yesterday to the jewelers to get it fixed but will be 10 days - 2 weeks.  I'm thinking about buying a Timex to wear – maybe one like Mary Virginia's – large face, etc.  There are alot of times when I wish I didn't have quite as nice of a watch – like over at the pool.

We've done alot of cooking outdoors – even though we have been eating late – after dark – it has still been nice enough to eat outside.

Did I tell you that I got a new pair of sandals – custom made ones.  These have alot more class than my others.  They are yellow leather – have the strap & all around the heel – but the shoe part looks like this [diagram of a sandal with cross straps]  The straps going in & out of the circle in the middle.  They have a crepe heel which is real comfortable.  I've been wearing socks w/them when I wear them to school – but they don't bother me at all.

OH – I.T. frosted my hair – it is far too blonde – too heavy –  I'm getting a haircut 1st of the week so that should help some.

Marion gave me a subscription to Sunset magazine – for Easter.  Her & her sister's family really celebrated Easter – It seemed I was just on 1 end – the receiving one!

When is the last day of school for New Vienna?  Here school is out May 26th –

We ate at Rouch's School House this past week – we of course had Aunt Alice – she doesn't know us by name – but she does recognize us now!

When does OHIO license plates expire – I'm thinking about buying Arizona one ––

Better get some more letters out while I've got this fancy stationary in front of me.

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album