Sunday, April 29, 2018

1968 Catherine's postcard -April 18


4/18/68
Hi, Everybody!  Got postcards from both Mother and Dad today, along with the contact and letters from Dennis, Marilyn Brumbaugh and Elaine.  Glad to hear from you all and thanks for getting the contact taken care of so quickly.  It certainly is nice to be able to see again.  This is my next to the last 5¢ stamp so I hope you have those ones I left on there way.  I put in about four hours work today and then there was chapel tonight so I haven't been able to cram for my chem test too much.  A bunch of us studied in the lib last night but they're all smarter than me.  Cal is having an organ recital Sunday and I'm going to pass out programs.  Monday and Tues. I'm working banquets for Saga and Thursday Dennis is coming.

I gave a pint of blood to Red Cross Tuesday – my blood pressure is as low as ever but Dr. there said that was a good sign – he didn't say a good sign of what!  Also my blood was a little low in hemoglobin so I've been eating more protein.  I'm still skipping all desserts and as much bread stuff as possible.  Weight's now down to 122.

My chem lab results turned out terrible so I may do the whole experiment over – ooh, what a nauseating thought!  I think I'll change my major to full time waitressing!  I do like the math and polly sigh is OK.  Good night!
Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album