Saturday, April 07, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -March 27

March 27, 1978

Hi!  It's 5:45 AM – the Stanley's just left – I don't envy their 925 mile home trip.  They all have to be in work/school tomorrow.

We have really been on the go the last week or so.  The 1st part of the week Marion did the finishing on the two dressers –

Seems like a long time since I started this – Good night – it's been a long & busy day –

March 27, 1978
[same day as above??]
Hi!

I'm out by the pool – soaking in the sun – it's funny when you are in the water you don't feel it – but when you get out it sure hits you fast.

We got your letter today Mom – thanks – have been meaning to write & then meant to tell you over the phone – thanks for your last letter & check (signed check – that is)  For now I plan to put it in the bank – but have several ideas for it.  Perhaps the most popular one – w/me – is the deal like the Bruces bed – the thing that works like a hospital bed.  I haven't had the chance yet to investigate out details ––

I.T. got in today – after Marion picked her up at the airport they came around & picked me up – at school – maybe 1:30 – so you can see I had a short day – but I got much more done than I thought.  I'll enclose 1 of the things I did today – it was the most fun by far – they are all true stories.  Most of them came from the parents of special education students –

Now 11:00 I'm all ready for bed but wanted to finish this.  We all ate at Malta's [?]  tonight – Liz will be here till Wednesday morning – I.T. till Sunday afternoon.  Her school is off all this week.

I never called Lou [?]  but will call Dr. Matthews – I always seem to think about it at bad times!

Mary Virginia – your package & cards finally came on Saturday – Thanks!  Talk about slow mail – Marion appreciates – even though she is so bad about sending out thank yous – but then you know her letter writing. . . .

Liz has been out in the sun (pool) almost constantly since she got here – has gotten a good bit darker – than her already dark skin.  On me you can see bathing suit lines – on Marion just freckles!

We had a  picnic yesterday – at Falcon Field – a park near the private airport.  Malend [?] (Marion's brother -in-law) just recently got a small plane so of course he is quite interested in that sort of thing.  He has a 4 passenger – but because of possible bad weather they were afraid to come down in it this past weekend.  He says that this summer he will come down after us & take us to Idaho for a week-end of so.

We had planned to go to Sunrise Service – set the alarm – so I thought – but it didn't go off.  We woke up at 5:55 – it started at 6:00 – we didn't make it!  The 9:45 service was packed – starting this Sunday there will be alot smaller crowds –

Marion, her sister & brother-in-law went to Tucson – see DeGrazie's studio – her sister got a $80 pillow – she is another big spender!

Talked to John yesterday – sounds like he has a flying trip this week – hope all works  out for Grandma to get back w/him.

I've got to get my sleep ––

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album