Friday, April 13, 2018

1968 Catherine's Letter & Grades -April 1

April 1, 1968
Dear Mother, Dad, Serena, John, and Mary,

Hi!  I'm lost in mounds of homework already and this is only the first week of the quarter.  Help!  I don't hardly have time to eat.  Yesterday morning I got up at 7 to go to breakfast but then I decided I should watch the news so I did that instead.  (I did have a piece of bread which you all so kindly left me.)  I made it to lunch after chemistry class (more about that later but I had to rush because I wanted to look over my math again before class.  After three hours of class in the afternoon I went to the gym to do my daily exercises and I didn't get out of there until 5:20.  Well, it so happens they quit serving supper to freshmen at 5:00 yesterday afternoon so that the juniors could have their major department banquets.  So, I had another piece of bread which I am rationing quite well.  This morning I watched the news again and ate another piece of bread.  I do hope to make it to lunch in about an hour. 

The 2:00 math class is math 14 which I took last quarter but we use a different book and there is a different professor so it might as well be an entirely different curse [maybe it seemed like a curse but fairly sure I meant "course".]  It is just as difficult as the math 15 and I have been spending about 4-5 hours per night just on math.  The chemistry so far isn't too bad except for the lab.  I am in the first lab group and nobody knew what they were doing.  I only got about half the stuff done that we were supposed to do and I don't even know how John (lab partner) did.  A guy (quite young) teaches the political science course and the lectures are quite interesting although the reading gets kind of bogged down.  He expects us to "Practically memorize" (those are his words) the constitution.  He said we don't have to give it back to him verbatim but he does want us to give it back.

Jenna is coming this weekend which is another reason I have been studying so hard now.  It wouldn't be very interesting for her to sit around and watch me study.  I also have to study hard now because of Dennis coming the end of the month – 22 days to be exact.

I found the tax info from the Patio and filled out all the forms so I have that out of the way.  I also got my pass from the AYH [American Youth Hostel] with a little note saying they are temporarily out of handbooks.  I haven't received anything yet concerning the trips this summer.

Tongith (I must be thinking in errors) I work my first special party for Saga.  I just finished pressing the black skirt and the new blouse.

Have a Happy Palm Sunday!

Love,
Catherine


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album