Monday, April 23, 2018

1968 Catherine's Letter -April 14



April 14, 1968
[continuation of letter posted few days ago, thought this page was missing. . . .]
Now to get back to the things I am going to need for this summer.  Of course, I will only need these things if I am accepted by the AYH.  I have the questionnaire all filled out and I am going to have to call the Dr. on Monday to see about getting a physical.  How much do our sleeping bags weigh?  I need one that weighs five pounds or less.  I also need a money bag or pouch which has to be waterproof, something similar to an army mess kit, a ground cloth (either a large piece of plastic or a poncho), a cycle lamp which can be either carried or hooked on to bike, some elastic luggage straps, and AYH saddlebags.  I will also need a bicycle and there is a whole list of required equipment.

I went in the library this afternoon for about the first time this quarter.  I have been studying here in the dorm.  I hate to go in the library anymore because I see all these good books I want to read and they don't have anything to do with chemistry, math, or political science.  I did find one book that looked really good about Woman Suffrage which is kind of related to political science.  Do you know I realized yesterday that next year during the three quarters I will be here I have to take 3 physics courses, 3 math courses, and 3 German courses – what variety!  The kids who are starting out in German 1 this quarter are having a really tough time.  So I'm going to have to do as much as I can this summer.  Does the Wilmington Library have any German records?  I do have that Berlitz self-teaching book.

Treva (housemother at Lakeside) has invited me down for a weekend.  She is working a a motel in Toledo.  I would really like to go but I guess there is only this coming weekend.  The next weekend Dennis will be here and probably the one after that too.  If my calculations are correct the weekend after that is Mothers Day at K College.  Maybe I can go down one of those last weekends in May.

I better get back to the studying – tomorrow starts the third week in the quarter.  Two months ago today was Valentine's Day and two months forward from today I will be finished with my first year in this place.

Love,
Catherine

[written on envelope]
Got your letter (Easter card) and a post card from G'ma & G'daddy.  I called a Dr. this morning about an appointment and the soonest they could get me in was June 27.  HELP!  I guess I'll try some other doctors.  I don't really need the brown envelope but how about the contents – stamps I need and I think there was a letter to Carol.  Mail it to U of I, . . .  Thanks!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album