Saturday, August 20, 2016

1986 John's Letter -Aug.15

Friday Aug. 15, 1986
[envelope is postmarked from "North Suburban" Illinois]

Dear Mom, Dad and Grandma,

Thanks for your post card.  It was good to hear from you.  I guess Mary V. will soon be home so I should add her name to this letter.  We will be anxious to hear all about her summer.

I have finished my first day of classes covering such subjects as Fiduciary Law and Taxation of Trusts.  Sounds exciting doesn't it?  Believe me, it's not, but I believe the courses will get better.  Carol is driving up Saturday and will probably stay at the Holiday Inn here in Evanston.

I called Serena last night and we will probably get together with her on Sunday.  She is having a party Saturday evening and has a wedding to attend Sat. afternoon.  She said she gets her cast off in two weeks, but has not heard from Indiana Univ.

We have some friends we want to look up in Wheeling and Highwood, both suburbs north of here.

Someone here at Trust School from Jacksonville, FL asked me if was related to the John Uible in Jacksonville.  I believe there are two people here from his bank.  There are a total of 430 students in the program and about 140 in my class.

Well, I want to mail this before class so I should close.

Love,
John

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album