Thursday, August 25, 2016

1976 Roberta's Letter -Aug.24

August 24, 1976
Dear Everyone –

Another beautiful day here – it's Sally's birthday – we had planned to have a party but Sally had a light heart attack Sunday night – only in hospital day & a half – back again – but must take it easy.

I'll be seeing Catherine in a few weeks as plan to go w/ Mary Greene (girl in Nantucket) from Iowa who I met in India – to California.  She will be coming here – then we'll go to Ohio via Buick – then must head directly out right away as she starts school Sept. 13th in Long Beach!  So get any West addresses out for me.  I can check out Arizona this way, etc.!

Hope you all had an enjoyable trip – after leaving here – we all enjoyed having you here – though I keep busy – this is more of a holiday for me than work.  Hope you made it home w/out any car trouble – J.B. says Buick is so much better – I haven't driven it since it's latest improvements.

Last group of senior citizens here now – just can't believe how the summer has gone – John has been talking to Mr. Ream about next year – hope we can get more good N.V. (or otherwise) people here.

Thanks for stationery – etc. – my greetings to G'ma & Ruth ––

We're celebrating Indira's birthday today (Liz's daughter) – just out for supper!

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album