Sunday, July 13, 2014

1984 MV's letter -July 14

1-14-84
Dear Mom and Dad,

We got your postcard today written from N.Y.C. and Grandma got a postcard from Roberta.  The only other personal mail was a thank-you note from Lynn Sanker.

After dropping you off, Elaine and I went shopping – first to J.C. Penny outlet, then Eastland (on Refugee Road) We found Joann's Fabric's fine and got enough felt for two banners.

Wednesday night I went to Bible Study at Villars chapel after having Delinda Jackson for dinner.  She coaches the softball team at Port William.

Thursday was pretty much the same except I had Chad cove over and mow.  I couldn't figure out how he got done so fast.  I found today he only mowed and trimmed 1/2 the backyard.  From Thompson's on back is yet to be touched.

My hair looks about the same except it's wavy.  She only cut 1/2 inch off, but I got what I wanted, which is body.

We played a black ball-team this morning.  There are two, and they hold 1st & 2nd place.  We lost (12-8) but I'm sure we are third out of the 5 teams.

Tonight Diane Allen & I went to see Fiddler-on-the-Roof.  It was real good.  Afterwards we went back stage to see Eileen Cline and several others.

Grandma & I are eating here tomorrow noon.  I spent this afternoon fertilizing roses, etc.  Every thing's fine here.  Just enjoy England.  I stopped at Radio Shack.  they have to send it in.  They said it ought to be ready in 10 days.  Don't forget to write sometime.

Love and Miss you,
M.V.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album