Tuesday, July 22, 2014

1984 Catherine letter -July21

July 21, 1984
Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  How are you doing with your studies?  I've been reading a series of books (by DeLa Roche) and some of the action takes place in Wales.  Sounds like a beautiful place.

This was a disappointing week for me as I went to my interview for the Children's Librarian job (which I thought went really well) but I didn't get the job.  They called me on Thursday to tell me I came in a strong second and that I would have a good chance if/when they have another opening.

So my next plan is to go put my application in at Washington State Univ.  I plan to go there on Monday while Wendy is at Day Camp.  The Whitman County Library (here in Colfax) has a bond issue coming up in Sept. and if that passes there will be two more positions open here so I have that possibility too.

DeeDee is scheduled to arrive in Spokane on July 29th and she will return to San Diego on August 18th.

Gerry is just entering his busiest time at work as harvesting begins for wheat, lentils and peas.  He will have to put in lots of extra hours so hopefully he will have some free time while she is here.

Wendy is anxious to go to the Post Office as we are going to the park after that.  So I better close.

We got a nice letter from Mary V. earlier this week.  Have a good rest of your trip.

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album