Tuesday, October 29, 2013

1993 Wendy's postcard from Scotland -Oct.27

Wendy sends a postcard to her grandparents from Scotland.  Transcription follows.
Love from Scotland postcard mailed 1993
1993 Wendy's postcard from Scotland -Oct.27

Oct. 27, 1993
Birthday greetings from Scotland.  Happy 60 somethingth Birthday!  How are you?  Not much is new here.  I went to a disco last night for Halloween.  But I didn't dress up.  Today I'm going to Young Enterprise.  I'm the Deputy Financial Director.  Impressive.  Mom told me that you will be coming over to see me.  That's really great.  I hope you can spend as much time as possible with me.  You wouldn't be a burden at all.  There's a nice hotel near my school that you could stay at.  I am going to London soon which should be fun.  I'll send you a postcard!  The Kirkmans dog had 4 puppies.  They look like hamsters.  I'm glad I don't have a pet at home.  I think 10 months of a dog is all I can take!  Gotta Run.  Write back soon!  Love, Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album