Wednesday, May 15, 2013

1973 Roberta's Letter - May 15

 May 15, 1973
8:30 A.M.
Dear Family -

Hi!  Thanks alot for the birthday card & check - I had a very nice birthday - even though I did have to work & start my math class!

I got alot of birthday cards - a real cute one from Ruth Shoemaker, also one from the Walker family.

We all went out to eat last night - at Bonanza - a place like the Panderasa (sp?) steak places.  It's a good place to eat & actually only about five minutes away.

At 6:00 P.M. last night I went to my 1st math class - only 10 more to go now.  I'm afraid I've forgotten alot of my Algebra - but I think I'll be able to make it through!  There is only 14 people in the class - most of them older - but 2 of them will just be graduating from high school this year.  It's a short term - 6 weeks - over June 20th.  A 3 hour semester course squeezed into 6 weeks!!

Because of my going to school I'll be working - 10:00 - 4:00 Mondays, 10:00 - 5:00 Wednesdays. I'm supposed to have Tuesdays off - but they asked me to work today four hours (11-3) so I'm working.  And then tonight 5:25 is when Aunt Mary & Uncle Bill leave W.P.B. for Nassau (sp?)  They are all packed - ready to go!!

What happened w/Miss Purtee - why did she go on leave of absence?

Serena - when are you planning on starting working?

How's Rev. Lynd - who is taking his place?  [Rev. Wamsley, previously minister 1940-45, returned 1973-74.]

I'm still on my diet - Weight Watchers meet tonight - I'm not sure how much I've lost this week!

Nice talking to you all Sunday - did you all do anything special or not - I worked.  (Ho, Hum!)

Congratulations Serena & John on getting on the Honor Roll!  I wish I had you all down here to help me w/ my math!!

So have you thought anymore about coming down - in June or July?  Whichever is best for you all – Mary Virginia I hope you are planning on staying here - Aunt Mary is really looking forward to it!!  Rob will have you in stitches all of the time!

Thanks again for the card, money & ear-rings!  I got them Friday but didn't open them till my birthday - wore them yesterday for work - every one really liked them.

Catherine sent me an orange knitted purse - she must have made it herself.  You all will have to see it when you come down.

I'll enclose the deal about the car - I appreciate you all getting the license - etc!

I better be closing –– Thanks again for everything!  Hope you all are all fine –

Love, Berts

Hello to Grandma

John – what time to you have to get up now – What some people won't do for money!!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album