Thursday, May 02, 2013

1973 Roberta's Letter - May 2

A letter to Grandma from Roberta in Florida, May 1973.  Transcription follows.
 
Posted by Picasa
May 2, 1973

Dear Grandma,

Hi! – We were all so happy to get your letter today.

Things here are about the same.  Aunt Mary & I did go shopping tonight – she bought a pants suit and we also bought Rob 2 pair of shorts.  He really needed them - since he's working now.

I also went to the doctor - he said it was good that I had joined WEight Watchers & that is what he recommends to his fat patients.  He said it was a good program & alot of (oops!) cheaper than coming & seeing him every couple of weeks!!  I really appreciate you give me the money to go & see the doctor.

I found out today that I'm accepted in the College of Community Service at U.C. (what I wanted) for Fall Quarter this year.

Well, I better close, I'm getting tired – Aunt Mary is still up reading her travel books!!

Hello to all of the family.  Love, Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album