Sunday, July 25, 2021

1991 Wendy & Catherine's letters -July 23


 Dear Grandma & Grandpa

Hi!  How are you?  I'm great.  Audrey, Karen & Linda [Gerry's sister Linda and her daughters] are leaving tomorrow.  We went to Tucson last week.  We also went to Mexico for part of a day.

I'm going to San Francisco for eight days in August.  

School starts on the 26.  My birthday is only 2 months from today!  I will be driving two years from now.  I gotta run!

Love, Wendy

P.S. I hope you're having fun in Alaska.

* * * * *

July 23, 1971

Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  Thanks for the list of your addresses.  I'll try this one and see if it has a chance to get there.

I have off until 5 today and Gerry has the day off so we're headed for Scottsdale and other secenic spots in between.  Linda, Karen & Audrey leave tomorrow morning.

We had a good time in Tucson.  Gerry & I played golf early Thursday morning at a real nice course and then after lunch we drove down to Nogales and walked into Mexico.  On Friday we went to the Sonoran Desert Museum / Zoo and then to old Tucson.

We had trouble with the car (Elizabeth Johnson's Buick) vibrating badly at freeway speed on the way home.  It may be the drive line.  It's making us think more seriously about getting a new car.

I ate the first nectarine off our tree on Sunday.  They are small but quite tasty.  I've picked maybe 30 so far but there are still plenty still on the tree.  In a few days I'll have to start giving them away.

Hope you're having a great time and not freezing or staying up with the sun all night!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

* * * * *

July 23, 1991

Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  I just finished the letter to you in Fairbanks but since I don't know how long it takes a letter to get to Denali National Park I don't want to wait too long.

7-24
We had a good day in Scottsdale yesterday and also stopped at the Phoenician to see if we wanted to spend a few nights there.  No sign of the Keatings.  Downtown Scottsdale was pretty much deserted and some of the stores were closed with "Gone Fishing" signs up.  They are doing alot of work on the streets in the downtown area with barricades and piles of dirt everywhere.

We are leaving for the airport in a few minutes (it's 6:20 and their plane leaves at 8:15).

Hope you're having a great time.  We're waiting for a postcard!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album