Sunday, July 18, 2021

1981 Roberta's Letter -July 18

 

Saturday AM
[7/18/81]

Dear Family,

Thanks for your letter & enclosed check -- glad Grandma got the tour book -- I didn't realize that she hadn't had one before!!

I'm at the hospital now -- Marion plans to get out this AM -- she is able to walk -- tho very slowly -- but cannot stand in one place very long!!  I've worked ¾ days since Wednesday -- spending alot of time at the hospital --

My mouth/nose/ear are so much better -- I've still got some more work to be done -- teeth -- but sure am not anxious to get back in that dentist chair!  Haven't been able to swim for almost a month now -- hopefully by the end of this coming week will be able to get in the pool!!

I've ben SO COLD in the hospital -- they keep the place SO COLD -- I use a sweater here -- then go outside in that 112º stuff -- what a difference!!

Grandma & I will be leaving in just over 6 weeks -- it all sounds so exciting!!  I'm wondering as to what clothes to take -- both weather wise & style wise!!

Now Monday AM -- Marion doing fine -- just afraid she is over doing.

I read the best book while visiting in the hospital "A Woman of Independent Means" -- really suggest you all to read it.

We turned off the Hot Water heater -- surprisingly don't miss it much -- showers still warm & water in kitchen comes through copper pipe so it is pretty warm.  I'm working to have an elec. bill under $100.00!!  I'm feeling real good now -- & I appreciate that.

I love you all --
Roberta 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album