Friday, July 30, 2021

1991 Roberta's Letter -July 26


7-26-91
Written to Denali (Mt. McKinley)

Dear Folks, 

Hi!  How are the Alaska Travellers?  We will be anxious to hear the details -- are you sorry not to have driven a BIG R.V. all the way there? (HA, HA -- as "Mares" or Aunt Mary would say!)

The Uibles are doing their best to help At&T.  I had a phone call from Mary V. & John this week & also I finally reached Serena at her new #.  Hard to believe all the Uibles listed in Cincy when I called info.  John sure sounded excited about upcoming event.  Mary Va. has put herself in charge of collecting for J&J gift -- no cost of living raise for the amount we are giving.

We now have new carpet in 3 of our houses -- it's been a MAJOR disruption of our lives!  All houses but ours & the one we re-did about 5 years ago will get it done.

MOZART is doing great -- Tho his Mom did not train him when & where to use the finer things in life -- i.e. the litter box.  Big cousin Beethoven is not all that helpful so Sid & I have been busy on the clean-up / training detail.  I will (of course) enclose a photo.  Sorry -- but I did send the best to Grandma.  I've called & only get great reports -- she is continuing to enjoy going outside, etc.

I give the nursing home details of Mozart & Beethoven to tell her.  Even the details of his using the couch.

Sid leaves Monday -- Cynthia has had a fantastic (now I sound like C.W. Horton) mission in Jamaica.

Hope you all have had a safe & fun trip.  Know the Bernards were good travelling buddies.  They sure went 1st class in AZ -- Camelback Inn (but at summer rates!)

Love, Roberta, et.al.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album