Thursday, July 01, 2021

1971 GHU Letter - July 1

 


Thurs. evening [July 1, 1971]

Dear Family --

Another week & perhaps I shall be at home by this time (8:30).  Everyone is gone.  Bill to Lions meeting -- Mary to choir practice -- Robbie to band practice.  I just finished a note to Mrs. Wilson.

We have had 2 or more phone calls from Marianne she has her problems but from now on I think she will be getting along better.  At least I feel better after her call last night.  For they seemed to have so many things to do last week that I did come to the rescue & packed all of her best china & glass ware.  She said not a piece cracked nor broken.  But what to do with it?

I made a call at the Mackey home this afternoon.  Mary had several errands so she dropped me off.  They remarked about my nice Ohio family and Mary V. being a doll in the wedding.  They thought Catherine might still be in High School.  Thought she looked so young.  She & Serena were very attractive girls.  Of course John came in for his share of praise as well as the Horton Clan.  They use to have a friend who taught at Kal. College.

Cris how are times?  Your Sail is still on the boat as your Dad says he has to have a combination to get something open I guess you know what.

If the garden was wet when you arrived home, I take it for granted that the yard needed mowing.  So John keep your account dated.  Then there is a paper bill due this week or next.  Never a let up, is there in bills?

I am still keeping the 8th in mind for checking out & arriving next Thurs. in Cin. at 5:30 unless I hear differently & then I will change my date to suit your plans.  

I tried to go without hose but I soon found out that the air conditioning put too much cool air on my knees.  Oh but it is hot out doors during the day.  I can just see my beautiful sugar trees at home in my mind.  I notice by the paper it is rather warm at home.  

I think Mary is getting cold feet about going to Africa, but yet she wants to see Joe so badly & Bill is just -- shall I say blank?  I wish we could drop in to see Joe & Marianne.

Love,
Mother

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album