Tuesday, July 06, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter to GHU -July 6


July 6, 1971

Dear Grandma

Hi!  Thanks so much for your letter & also the picture of Marianne's wedding.  I hope I get to see some other pictures of it too!

I guess I missed your birthday -- sorry about that!!!  I hope you had a great birthday down in Florida.

It has really been COLD here -- especially for people like us without any heat.  We are still in the house we're looking after & it does have a wood stove.  But lately we have been going pretty easy on it to as we are almost out of fire wood.  I sure will appreciate an electric (or whatever kind we have at home) furnace.

Tonight we went to a ball game where I played.  I think they are trying to make a ball player out of me!!!

We have been really busy & time goes so fast for us.  The 4th of July passed without me even realizing it.  I would have sung The Star-Spangled Banner had I realized it was the 4th!  I bet that would have gone over good!

Hope you're fine, write whenever you can.  Take good care of Cris while he is in Ohio.  Say hello to everyone for me!  I'm so glad everyone made it through the wedding!!  Now Catherine's -- don't worry you will have plenty of time before mine!!

Love in Christ
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album