Saturday, July 24, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -July 23

 

July 23, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Thanks for your letter today also for the $5.00 and article about Oregon's fearless leader McCall.  I don't know if you knew it -- if I ever told you all -- but one of his sons went to G.F.C. year before I did, but, was kicked out because of drinking.

The mail must be faster coming out here than going from here to Ohio.  As most of my mail gets here in about three days.  We are lucky because we are on the main road going to Kamloops.

Mary Virginia -- I'll give Ramana your letter tomorrow.  I know she will really be happy to get it as she asks me about you every time I see her.

About Catherine's wedding -- gee -- I really don't know.  Sure I would like to be there but I don't think I should leave the program 10 days early.  Also it would be hectic because I left my tote bag with Pam's parents -- they would bring it to Vancouver the 22nd when they pick up Pam.  Also my C.P.O. jacket is at Thetis Island.  A girl is using it that didn't have a heavy jacket of any kind.

Are you really serious about flying in for the weekend?  Seems to me that it would cost alot and that the money could go for something -- um -- more worthwhile.  Now -- not that I don't want to go.

I had a brain wave today that could possibly work out.  That would be that I fly out for the wedding and then we -- the family or just Mom and/or Dad could drive out here in say about three days.  That way I would be able to finish the program and you all could see Quilchena, etc. etc.

Then we could drive home in less than a hurry.  Now that is just an idea.

I am going to talk to Elroy tomorrow and then I will let you know.  It would not be worth it -- as I think about it -- for me to come back just to gather up my stuff.  I could pay the different people money to send my stuff instead.

I just talked to Dixie about it and she said the mission would no doubt understand if I wanted to leave early.

Last night I was asked & did babysit for a family that has given us a bad time -- at least the father.  He had not let one of his kids come to Bible School or bible studies.  It has really been rough because a couple of time the kids came and we had to tell them that they have to obey their father even if it meant not coming to Bible School, etc.

It was really shocking that he asked me -- after all of that -- to baby-sit.

More I think about it -- it would not be worth it to come back here -- if I would go to Catherine's wedding.  Wouldn't be worth it to fly or drive either because by the time I got back the program would be over.

Got a nice note today from Mrs. Penn.  She said Vicky Hughes is getting married -- who to?

I think I'll wait on getting my license renewed but thanks for the information concerning it.

I'll let you know about coming home early.  Maybe even call you all.

Better close for now -- Thanks again for everything.

Love in Christ,

Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album