Sunday, July 11, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -July 10

 

July 10, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Got your letter today in Merritt written July 4th.  Sure was Good news that my luggage got home safely.  If you do do any unpacking you are welcome to use, wear, etc. anything you find.

Today we were in Merritt all day.  We went in about 9:00 A.M. Pam & Wendy (both from Fox) were already there.  We were able to be with a bunch of people we all knew all day.  At two of the ballgames we had to take care of the gate.  Each game cost 60¢ apiece.

Then tonight we went to a wedding that was in Merritt.  It was a little different than ours.  It was a small wedding -- about 50 people.  I made some peanut butter cookies yesterday to take to the reception.  We ate about 10 of them last night but this morning decided we would take all of the ones that were left -- which was plenty.

The wedding was performed by Elroy -- a missionary with N.A.I.M.  At the end of the wedding there was a time of open prayer -- led by the groom.  I thought that was pretty neat.

Pam is staying in Quilchena tonight -- along with about 8 other girls.  She was really happy because she brought her grades up to a 3.00 the last term.

Well.  I've got a combination of poison [ivy?] of some kind, mosquito bites & a reaction to the two all over me.  It's really pitiful!!  I might be going to a doctor in Merritt sometime this week.  It's just gotten really BAD the last couple of days.  Annette -- a missionary's wife in Chase said I should go to a doctor, see what can be done.

Thanks for sending that Sears check.  I bought you all something with it -- (um -- part of it).  Should be getting it before too long.  It's not a whole lot -- so don't get too excited!!

If you do see Sandy Wiget & any & all of them do tell them I say hello.  I'll try & write them a note but I'm so far behind now in my letter writing.

Monday I'm in charge of the lesson in Bible School  Still aren't sure yet exactly what I'll do.  Dixie got some Bible School material from her church but it doesn't seem to fit in for these kids.  It is Scripture Press.  You know has the mother driving the family station wagon to the modern grocery & father off to work carrying his brief case, etc.  Just don't think it would work with the way things are around here.

Well, let me know when you want me to make reservations for you all at the Quilchena Hotel.  Believe me -- it would be a total experienced!!!

Hope you all are fine.  Be sure & tell Grandma "Hi" for me.  Also everyone else.

Got to go --

Love in Christ
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album