Thursday, July 22, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -July 21

 

July 21, 1971 
(6:15A.M.!)

Dear Family,

Hi!  thanks so much for the letter & also my gym shoes got here yesterday.  Sure am glad to have those gym shoes for swimming!  OH -- and also thanks for the $2.00 and six cent stamp!  I'll tell more about the "money problem" later.

Last night we went to a testimony meeting at Douglas Lake.  The Christian Indian group was in charge of it.  There was the film "Something to die For" which was pretty good.  Then afterwards about ten Indians got up & gave their testimonies.  I just love their use of plain words when they talk -- even in front of a group.

OH -- what have you heard about registration at U.C.?  You mentioned if I could make the 'date' -- but no mention of the date.  Before I can register I've got to find about about my credits transferring.

Gee -- seems to me that Cris would want to be making up his mind before too long about next year.

I hope John gets along fine in the hospital.  Is he in Wilmington hospital?

OH -- about the 'money problem' -- Dixie & I have both had money taken twice.  I finally have learned my lesson -- not going to put any more in my billfold.  I wouldn't really (!) mind it if I thought the money was going for a good or worthwhile cause but I'm afraid it's going for a jug of wine or whiskey which these (some of) adults sure don't need any more!!

I really wonder at times if a few of these adults ever both to get sober.  A verse I keep applying to 'things' like this are "Love takes everything that comes without giving up.  Love believes all things.  Love hopes for all things.  Love keeps on in all things." (Corinthians 13:7)  New Life Testament

I got a letter yesterday from Janice Carroll who lives in Morrow -- she is very happy as she has been given a job in the Morrow School helping with the kindergarten.

Also heard from Aunt Mary -- got a carbon of Joe's letter after Melissa arrived.  Sounded like everything was fine.

How were the Kuntzmans?  Does Rev. Kuntzman still have a church?  I find it hard to believe that Rennie -- um Al, is married!

We are about 4 miles from the store, hotel, and post office.  They are all three right together.  Store & P.O. in one building and then hotel right next door.  The prices are REALLY high there.  Paid 37¢ for a quarter pound of saltine crackers.  The store does have old type barrel containers.

There are alot of gardens here but it isn't easy to have one because of the dryness here.

Well, I better be closing.  I like Proverbs 3:5-6 especially.

Love in Christ,
Bert

Hi to Grandma!!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album