Tuesday, May 11, 2021

1981 GHU's letter to Roberta -May

 

Fri. evening [May 1981]

Dear Roberta --

"Happy Birthday" -- They do roll around each year.  So think what you might like to buy with the enclosed paper cashed.  There may be something you can think of that does not cost too much that you may like to buy.  

It is about time to get so I can find my clothes again for I am all unpacked & things put out of sight from my winter in Fla & my visit at Cris'.  He has a nice place there if you like being in a woods & by the water, which suits me fine.  He has carpet which made it hard for me to get myself around, but we had a nice time.  

Uncle B & Aunt M are still there & they may leave most any time to come here as Aunt M. is talking about attending the Alumni dinner-dance the 23rd.  Uncle B is not too anxious about going.  It seems as if your Dad & Mother plan to be with you about that time.  

The Sr. dinner at the church was nice held 2 weeks ago.  They are trying to get a Sr. Citizen Center started here.  Last week it was held in the Lions Club building.  I don't think I am not interested in going at the present time.  I would rather cook my own meals & there are things that I attend that break up my days enough for me.  Then I would have to bother some one to take me etc.  Your Dad has offered but to bother him for church affairs is enough.  

If you notice my writing is some what not written as good these days.  It happens that my 3 fingers have gone bad so that leaves me my thumb & 1 finger to help on my right hand & that is some what difficult most of the time but I manage to get along so far but slower.

Serena arrives in Dayton in the morning so Mie Y. told me a while ago when I called about getting Mary  V. to go to the shop in the morning to get the jack mail & go to the bank & mail this note.  I told her I would stick this note under jar on porch for the girls to get at 5:30.

Now have a Happy Birthday--

Love, Grandma

You should see Carol & John's BIG DOG

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album