Friday, May 21, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -May 20

 

May 20, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Thanks alot for mailing the poncho.  It sure is nice.  I wish it were a little longer but this way maybe Mary Virginia will be able to wear it too!  Yes, Mary?  I really like the color if it -- it goes real good with my new slacks outfit.

The above [where the remnants of tape are shown] is a thread from my slacks.  The top is a vest of the same color with lines of white going down.  It's made out of kettle-cloth.  That wash & wear stuff.

I did give my speech today.  Enclosed is the pink slip.  We only have one more speech to give now.  I gave this speech on quacks in medicine.  It was an informative speech.  The next one will be a persuasive speech.  I'm not sure yet what I'll "speech" about.

I used my tape player alot this morning & also last night in practicing my speech.  I bought a two hour tape yesterday so I can tape some lectures if I want to.  I think it will be nice to have it in Canada.

I got a letter from Catherine yesterday with two clippings.  One about libraries in prisons & the other one about college bulletin boards.  They were both really interesting.

I don't know about the extra skeins.  If you want to get a toboggan (hat) or if you want to let Wilma buy them it's fine.  Whatever you want to do.  It would be nice tho to have a hat to match the poncho.

I've been thinking about sending my things back to Ohio in June.  I have checked with the bus station so far.  And the price from Newberg to Wilmington would be $27.00 per 100 pounds.  Alot of people said by freight truck it would be alot cheaper.  If it's very high I'll just leave them at Pam's as I have planned.

Well, I better be going.  Thanks again for the poncho.  I'll write a note to Mrs. Thornburg when I have time.

Hi to Grandma!!

Love,
Bert

PS  Have decided against going to San Francisco. 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album