Thursday, May 27, 2021

1971 Roberta Letter -May 26

 

May 26, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Things seem to be going great for me.  I got back my personality test today & got an 'A' on it.  The next test will be the exam and if I do good on it -- I'll come out of the class ok.

I got a letter from the Walkers today.  I think -- I'm sure -- Mrs. Walker wrote it.  I'll write them a note tomorrow.

Today I also got a Bible from the North Amer. Indians Mission.  It's vocab is very simple.  By the way I doubt if I'll be mailing the literature about the Indians that they sent me -- that you all forwarded.  As it's the same type of thing that can be found in the encyclopedia.  So ----

May 27
Hi!  Again -- I just now got out of speech class.  We didn't have to have our speeches today.  They will be starting next Tuesday.  I'm thinking about doing one on "Why exams should be cut out completely."  I bet I could persuade most of the students with a topic like that.

As I already said on the post-card our plans are about the same for going up to Canada.  We've got it all figured out about going as far as Victoria.  But we're still figuring out the best way to go from Victoria to Vancouver.

Bunny & I have figured up that we should be able to cover everything for about $55 a piece.  How does that sound?  I'll be staying with Bunny while I'm in Seattle.  OH!  See, if Bunny goes she is riding back with Pam's parents from Vancouver to Seattle.  We meet Pam in Vancouver on the 17th.

I hope you all have a good time in Florida.  How & when will you all be going down?  This will sure be a busy summer with Catherine's graduation, & her & Mare's wedding(s).

When is school out for you all?  Do you realize in two moe weeks I will finish one year of college -- Wow -- can you believe it?  It took real dedication -- Ho, Hum!!

Next weekend Pam & I are going to Portland for the Rose Festival, etc.  Have you all heard anything about it?I'll try & take some pictures.

I'm proud of Taft & his stand about Nixon.  It is really making the news.  

Well, I better be going.  Hope you all are fine.  Hello to Grandma.

Love,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album