Tuesday, May 25, 2021

1971 Roberta's letters to Dad & GHU

 

Letter to Dad:

[5/25/71]

Dad --

Hope you remember the $150.00 that goes to the Indian Mission the 17th.  Either -- if you want to mail it to them or mail it to me before too long & I'll take it myself.

I also need some green stuff to buy the below items:

  • flash-light
  • extra batteries
  • film
  • stamps
  • toiletries
  • 1 skirt
  • 1 pair of shorts
  • underwear 
  • hiking boots (maybe) 

 I will leave this up to your own judgment.

Also (and the last one) I need approx. $55.00 for the time between June 10th & 17th.

After all of this I should be set up for the rest of the summer.

Love,
Bert

* * * * *

Letter to Grandma on the Oregon State Capitol stationery: 

May 24, 1971

Dear Grandma,

Hi!  Hope you are fine.  I'm just fine myself & really excited over the fact that I've only got 17 more days of school.  But then I sure dread the packing & the tests.  But I think I'll make it!

You will find the piece of the material that I bought with my birthday money from you.  Cindie made me a very plain A-line dress.  It really looks nice.  Also it will be nice to take to Canada because the material is that wash & wear stuff.  I'm not the type to iron -- it doesn't even have to be ironed.

Do show (please!) the piece of material to Mom as I -- as yet -- have not mailed them a sample.

I hope the weather in Ohio has been nice.  Yesterday was really pretty but today it's been raining off & on.  Maybe it is a good thing because now I'll stay inside & might get something done.

Well, I better be going.  I do hope you are fine.  Hope you like the material!

Love,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album