Wednesday, May 26, 2021

1981 Catherine's Letter -May 26


Tuesday, May 26, 1981

Dear Mother, Dad, & Mary,

Hi!  It's nice to have the week start a day later -- at least the working week!  I have Friday off too, so I only have to work 3 days!  Gerry will have Saturday off so he will only have a four day work-week.

We had a busy weekend -- playing golf three times and yesterday we took our raft down to the Cove and tried to paddle against the wind while all the speedboats made loops around us!  Wendy did fine although she complained that her life jacket hurt her neck.  She fell asleep before we got back to shore.

Sunday night we had dinner out at the local Chinese restaurant.  It is about the only place in town to go out for "dinner" the rest are only "lunch" type places and some of them we have taken off our list of places we like to go!  Now we are trying to decide where to go for our anniversary next month -- Big #5.  Right now my top two choices are in Bend -- the Bend Riverhouse (where I went for lunch with the library board) and Beef & Brew  which is near the newest shopping center in Bend.  We have heard lots of good comments about it and I guess they even have lobster!  I probably ate my quota of lobster while we were back East though.

Not too much going on this week.  Tomorrow night is the monthly Birthday dinner at the Elks -- Wendy always enjoys going to those.  And Thursday night Gerry has Elks and also there is a Parents Meeting at the Day Care Center.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this picture off to you.  We weren't real happy with the way they turn out -- and her hair looks so messy!  But, we talked to other people who had their children's pictures taken at the same time and they had even worse complaints.

Well, I better get myself and Wendy ready for the day or we will run out of time before we have everything done.

Love,

Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album