Saturday, May 01, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Apr.20

 

April 20, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Greetings from rainy Oregon.  But tomorrow the sun will no doubt be shining because of the fact that tomorrow I've got archery and we can get out of it if it rains.

My guest finally came Sunday night.  This school -- or at least my R.A. got everything all messed up.  She (Jo-Ann) is in a Graduate program with Southern Oregon College.  She & these other people have to set up or something like that reading programs for migrant children.  They just use George Fox as a sorta home base for this week.

Jo-Ann worked up in British Columbia one summer and said it was really beautiful.  I'll send you all the list of suggestions they sent me.  But do send them back.

This last Sunday the Fishers came & got me and took me to a pan-cake supper.  Boy!  I tell you they are nice people to know.  Mrs. Fisher wants me to bring the record Jesus Christ Super-star to their house sometime because she wants to hear it.  I hope she likes it.

Well, by the way I need some money before too long mainly because I had that physical, chest x-ray, & blood tests.  But, doesn't it give you a peace of mind that I'm in good health!!!

Starting tomorrow I've got a big test for 3 days.  Tomorrow is our pre-mid term -- we aren't having a mid term in English.  Then Thursday is a Speech test and Friday Personality.

I didn't think we were going to have tests in Speech.  But by Thursday I have to learn that International Phonetic Alphabet.  Ugh!  Most of the kids already know it which make it real nice for Cindie & I that don't know the 1st thing about it.  We are also suppose to know all these body organs used in speaking.  Besides the upper & lower lips I'm guessing.  So it looks like I'll have to sit down & strain my brain.

Over the past week-end I got my poetry glossary done which isn't due till the end of the term.

Well.  I better be closing -- I've got to go down-town and buy some typing paper -- I'm still caught up with civilization -- even yesterday's lecture!!!

Love, Bert

Hope Everything is fine!!

Hi to Grandma!!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album