Tuesday, May 18, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -May 18

 


May 18, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Thanks alot for your letter today.  I haven't got much to say except for the fact that I'm dead tired.  Yesterday Cindie & I went to Salem where Cindie hopes to live this summer.  She had planned to go & then at the last minute was afraid to go by herself.  We got our way there by a boy that commutes.  Anyway Cindie "hit" two employment agencies & thinks she has a good chance at one.  She took typing test & got 58 words per minute.

I did get to a Canadian travel place where I got alot of information.

Didn't have to give my speech today -- which I was glad of.

Well -- you will find the same papers you already mailed to U.C. once except this time there is a blue sheet which says they want $25 deposit.  I got it in today's mail.  Would appreciate it if you would again send the $25 & again the other papers.

Funny thing -- U.C. sure lets you know when you don't send the money, but when you do send it you don't hear a word about it.

I did get Catherine's post card yesterday.

Have been using the tape cassette.  I'll have to get some 120 tapes (2 hours) so I can tape some class lectures if I want to.

Got to see inside the state capital -- first time since I've been out here.  Salem actually is a fairly small city.

I've got to go.  Thanks again for the letter & would appreciate you all taking care of the U.C. papers & also the $25.  Tell Grandma I said Hi!!!

Love,
Bert   

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album