Wednesday, May 05, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Apr.26


 April 26, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Hope you all are fine.  Got a post-card from Catherine yesterday.  What is her address?  I wrote her a letter this morning & sent it to West Texas Drive -- I hope it gets to her one way or another.

About a half hour ago 2 girls came up & left their stuff.  They are staying all night at least tonight.  This having a room to myself is a BIG JOKE!!  I really don't mind it but Jo Ann just left yesterday.

I got a 96% on my English test Wednesday.  But what more or less worries me is the personality test we had yesterday.

I am in the reading program here at school.  It is the same one I started last term.  I've got my schedule fixed so that Thursday afternoons I usually spend 2 hours in the reading lab.

Next week-end the school is putting on the play "The Fantastics" (sp?)  I think I'm going to plan to see it.

This morning I got up & played "Susie Homemaker" and cleaned up my room & all that kind of stuff.  Which was a good thing since I've got those guests.  Right now they are in some kind of meeting.  One of them might come here next year.

My ears are doing just fine.  They haven't fallen off or anything like that.

Mother, I'm sending you what I can find now about the "peace" symbol.  If you remember I would appreciate you finding out what month the article about it is in the Together magazine.  I'll try & look it up.

Also if you could send me the address of American Youth Hostel.  I would appreciate it.  Pam wants it.

I haven't heard anymore from U.C.  I can't get over them.  You send them $50.00 and they don't think a thing about it.  They could at least have the decency to say "thank you".

I had a letter from Nancy Walker this past week.  She said she is running for President of her dorm.

How is Mary Virginia's dress coming along for Mare's wedding?

Well, hope to hear from you all soon.  Be sure and tell Grandma I say hello.  Hope you all are fine!

Love,
Bert

P.S.  Stamps?  Almost makes me ill to think of John actually saving whole pages of them.  Yes, John?

Dad, Also tell women down at the shop that I said hello.  Ask Paula Rollins about music.


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album