Monday, May 10, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letters -May 4 to John, May 6 to Family

 

May 4, 1971

Dear John,

Hi!  Thanks so much for your letter.  It was greatly appreciated.  I'm glad you are proud of me, John.  That is my lifetime purpose.

By the way, I'm proud of you for getting those straight A's.  Hope you enjoy those ball games.  Sorry about not being able to go with you.  I hope you understand though.

How was the spring camporee?  I hope you survived.  Did Rita go on that???  If so, I hope she made!!!  Tell her I say "Hi!" if you recall at the proper time.

Today I gave my speech & got an A- on it.  But then to counter-act that I got my mid-term back & got a 'D' on it.  So --- I'l enclose the sheet that we got graded on.  Please have Mom or Dad send it back -- ok?  No -- that's not necessary.  So forget what I just said!

John, you would have been proud of your sister (me) for hiking last Saturday.  This week-end we might go to the ocean if it is nice.

How's Serena's driving??  In six more years when they let you drive I'll help you -- so don't worry about a thing!

Well.  Watch those oreos!

Love
Bert

May 6, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Hope you all are fine.  Got the forwarded letter yesterday from Canada.  I'll enclose it.  Also if they send the other information to you open it up and then send it on.

Well, Pam, Cindie & I got a little excitement last night -- or rather this morning.  At 2:30 we all got up and left the dorm with butter, jelly, & torn up magazines.  With all this 'stuff' we went to Hoban which is the boys dorm.  There we raided the 1st floor & lobby.  It was very exciting & very scary!!  We put butter on the knobs in the bathroom, on most door knobs -- except those that looked like they would make the least little noise.

As soon as we got in the dorm Cindie & I had a big laughing attack.  Pam, I think was too scared to laugh!!

The funniest thing was that I was in the shower & putting the butter & jelly on all the knobs & Cindie walked in and I didn't hear her coming and she wasn't expecting to see me -- so we had another laughing attack,  It was very exciting -- my hands still feel greasy.

We got out of speech an hour early today.  I got a letter from Grandma.  Tell her I said hello -- I'll write her tomorrow.

OH.  I talked to the speech teacher about my mid-term So he said I could be tutored or whatever a couple of times then take it over.

What I really goofed up on was sound phonemes.  Like -- unvoiced linguo-abvelar plosive [?] and stuff like that.  We had to give 25 examples of different stuff like that.

Hey -- by the way -- $50.00 is to be sent to Canada by June 1st.  I'd be glad to send it if you send me the $50.00 or you can send it up there yourself.  I really don't care.  The address is on that stationery -- letter I'm enclosing now.

I got the church news letter yesterday.

I don't have any classes this afternoon.  What a nice feeling.

Would John like that OHIO book?

Well I better be going.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Love,
Bert

P.S. Old ads have no secret meaning!!!


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album