Monday, May 17, 2021

1981 Catherine's Letter -May 18

 

Monday, May 18, 1981

Dear Mother, Dad, and Roberta,

Hi!  I will have to remember to mail this to the right address!  What kind of weather are you having in Arizona?  We had rain on Friday, and then fairly nice days Saturday & Sunday (hard to believe it could be nice for a weekend) and now today it is raining again.  Things had been so brown & dry around here it will be nice to see them greening up after this rain.  Our onions are doing nicely but alot of the radishes never even bothered to sprout.  I have another package of radish seeds maybe I ought to plant them.  Later on we hope to plant some tomatoes also.  Yellow and red ones both.

We took Wendy out for breakfast on Saturday and then took her to Day Care while we played golf.  Then we played yesterday while Mona stayed with Wendy and afterwards we had pizza at the Grizzly Bear.  We had a coupon worth $3.00 off on a pizza so it was a bargain meal.

We have a busy week this week.  I have an AAUW meeting tonight at the Junior High so I don't have far to go.  It is guest night and I am going as the guest of one of the new library board members.  I had considered joining last year but thought the dues were high -- in the $25 range -- but now I am reconsidering.  I figure it would be good public relations for the library.

Wednesday night is Lady Elks night but I am going to pass on that for this week as I will need to get ready for Bunco which is at our house on Thursday night.  I also will have to call the other 11 members of the group and find out if they can come, otherwise I have a list of substitutes to call to make sure we have 12 people here.

We don't have anything planned for Memorial Day weekend.  Gerry has to work on Saturday but at least we will have a two day weekend and then a short week following as I won't have to work Friday and he won't have to work Saturday.

Tomorrow I am going out to lunch with Joyce (my potential replacement at Dr. Woll's office) at the Dr.'s expense so we can discuss more details of the job.  They are concerned that the new person understand the job so they won't have to go through what they did last summer when they hired this lady that didn't work out and she messed things up pretty badly while she was there.  That is another reason why they want Joyce to work two weeks in July as sort of a trial basis for her and for them and then I would still have time to train someone else if she didn't work out.

Well, I will have to close and get Wendy and myself ready for the day.

Have a good time in the southwest!

Love,

Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album