Saturday, February 24, 2018

1988 GG's Letter to HH -Feb.18

February 18, 1988

Harold:

Hope you are rested up from the wild weekend in N.Y.C. – Bob and I had a marvelous time.  Guess it is good for us country folk to see how the city folk live!!  I've heard you say before, it makes home look really good.  I agree with that, but it sure is a great place to visit for a short period of time.

I know I'm guilty of taking so many things for granted, and this letter gives me an opportunity to say a sincere THANK YOU for being such a good employer this past six years.  I extremely enjoy the work and it is a good feeling to look forward to coming to the office (even if it isn't real early)!  The working conditions are excellent and you've been most generous with wages/bonus & retirement . . . . . . plus, giving me time off when needed, or should I say desired.  Hope I haven't gone to extremes, but guess your comments "You're only young once" and "There is more to living than work, wealth, retirement and death" (hopefully in that order) have had meaning to me.

Your Mother is such an inspiration – I always have my spirits lifted when I visit with her . . . . . she surely does have the positive attitude.

Here's hoping you have a really good retreat.  You might say a prayer that we make it through this "tax season" – each year it seems hectic . . . . then its kinda like the labor of childbirth . . . . . . once its over you forget what it's like - - - - - until you find yourself there again !!!!!

Sincerely,
G.G.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album