Thursday, February 22, 2018

1968 Catherine's Letter -Feb.16


February 16, 1968
Dear Mother, Daddy, Serena, John, Mary,

Hi!  Got your Valentine yesterday – thanks!  You may have to pay postage on the one I sent back to Roberta but it obviously wasn't for me and I didn't have time to get another envelope.

Yes, Serena, I got your card and I wore the pin every day for two weeks!  Thank you very much – the pin went over really well with all my friends (?)!!

And thank you, Dad, for the "Executive Planner."  It makes me feel really important to carry such an official looking book around with me!

Yesterday I gave away another pint of my blood.  We're supposed to have parental permission but I knew you would approve.  You do don't you?  It's kind of late if you don't but you might write and tell me so I would know the next time.

I don't know about a Daisy Mae Dance – in fact, I'm pretty sure there isn't one.  We do have a big Washington Day Dance on the 23.  It is the formal event of the winter quarter.

This weekend there is a whole bunch of stuff going on.  Tonight is a big traying [sledding] party and mixer out in the country somewhere.  I doubt if I will go – I don't have a date yet and although I could go just as well without one, I figure this way I have a good excuse to stay here and make up for all the homework I haven't done during the week!

Tomorrow night is a ballgame and a movie and I will probably go to one or the other.  Pete asked me out but we were kidding around so much I don't know whether he was serious or not!  I figure by tomorrow night I will have done enough studying – however I do have two big exams next week which are approaching much too fast!

Sue is going to Toledo this weekend and I was going to go with her but I decided to stick around here and see what happens – probably nothing!

It is now 6:20 and I'm going to have to get back upstairs to get my shower before breakfast.  Then comes English class, physics, freshman forum, lunch and then I have about 2.5 hours to do my math assignment which is due at three.  It should be an exciting day!

Love,
Catherine

P.S. Yesterday I got this beautiful gold Lady Sheaffer pen and pencil set from R.E. Lee.


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album