Tuesday, February 20, 2018

1968 Catherine's Letter to Roberta -Feb.13

February 13, 1968
Dear Roberta,

Hi!  I was really glad to get your letter – sorry I'm slow in answering but I've been extremely busy getting ready for tomorrow – Valentine's Day, you know!  This is your forced weekend isn't it?  I guess I will send this letter home so you will be sure and get it!

So your going back to EC next year?  That should be interesting!  It kind of ruins your summer though doesn't it?

I don't really care where we go over spring vacation as long as we go somewhere.  I don't feel much like sitting around NV for a week and a half.  I get out the 21 or something like that and I have to be back here the 31.

So many kids are transferring out of here!  One of my best friends, Sue, from Colorado is leaving the end of this quarter and then are a bunch more guys – I know two really well – Pete and Rich who are leaving at the end of spring quarter.  Gina is also transferring.

How are your adopted parents.  If they feed you I sure wouldn't complain!

Sunday, Sue and I and the preacher were the only ones in Sunday School class.  That was a big thrill!  We about froze to death getting there and back.  The temperature has been down around zero for the last couple days.

Friday night I went to see "The Graduate" with Pete.  Cal went with us so it was really as if I had two dates!  I paid my own way in so I guess it didn't matter much!  Sunday night there was a faculty fireside at Professor Harris's –he's my Eng. prof.  Pete was also there!

Last night Sue and I went over to the student union at Western.  It was a riot!  We'd go up to a table where a guy was sitting alone and tell him we were the cheering up of all lonely people committee and we had come to cheer him up!  We met a bunch of guys and two even offered to walk us back here.  Bob, the guy I was with, thought I was out of my mind to begin with after running around the union cheering people up.  Then I told him that except for the fact that he smokes and drinks he seemed like an OK guy – he thought I was totally gone.  He said he would call but I'm sure not going to sit around and wait!

Tell Mother, Dad, Serena, John and Mary all hi for me!  Although it may sound like I don't do much studying I do get some done between breaks!

Have fun and write when you can!

Love,
Cathy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album