Wednesday, February 14, 2018

1968 Catherine's Postcard -Feb.8


[Postmarked Feb. 8, 1968]

Hi, everybody!  I was just about to go to bed when I decided I would send you all a little card first.  Not much is new here.  The weather has been beautiful which will probably make it all the worse when it gets bad again.  This is mid-term week but I don't have any mid terms.  Nice, eh?  John, if I forgot to thank you for the letter and the paper on Australia, I'm sorry – Thank You!  I got some literature from the Australian Consul today – very interesting.  Calc and physics are still getting increasingly bad while English is still mediocre.  Did you all know that the Cincinnati Reds first game is April 8?  Not long and by then a couple of the primaries will be over . . . .  I'm going to have to take the day off this Saturday and return the stuff to Sears, take the Civil Service test, go to the bank, Revco, and  all my other haunts in Kalamazoo.  A week from today is Valentine's day – Thrill!  Tomorrow is physics lab – if only the lab reports weren't so bad!  Thee was a big ballgame this evening but I refrained from going.  I can always read about it in the paper tomorrow.

In the WSJ I always read the article in 1st column on front page plus all the condensed news and the editorial page.  The time has come for all typists – good and bad alike – to turn off their typewriters, switch off the light, and dream of 4.0 averages without having to study – or maybe to dream of 4.0 averages with studying!  I usually only dream that the telephone buzzer is the alarm clock.  Good night!  Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album