Tuesday, February 06, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -Feb.6

[postmarked Feb. 6, 1968]

Dear Family,

Hi!  I got your letter today.  I'm glad you spoke to Mr. Hart.  It sure sounds like something is being done – at least more than they (E.C.) was done sending in my grades this time last year.  Right?

Teacher Mae gave me these [notecards] for Christmas.  This is the first one I've used tho.  They seem too short unless you want to write on every side like I'm doing now.

My check came from Sears today for $7.90 – the skirt was only $6.98 – what happened there???

Don't count too much about my grades – maybe I'll be lucky & get a "D" in Geometry.  I'm expecting to do better in English this last six weeks.  I spoke to Teacher Jane several times – all she does is start talking about the bad condition in Viet Nam.  Big HELP!  Sarcasm!

Enjoyed article about Dad getting head of Ed. board.

What about forced weekend?  Where do you want to meet me?  Only a week & half away.  More later on it.

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album