Sunday, February 25, 2018

1968 Catherine's Postcard -Feb.17


2/17/68
Hi!  Here I am at St. Joseph's Episcopal Church in Detroit slowly freezing to death.  Did I tell you all I was coming to this CNP conference (Citizens for New Politics).  They are trying to start a New Politics party.  Right now the committee I'm in concerning the perspectives of the new party is eating lunch.  Sue (Sue Dean, a senior at K) and I went to the A&P and got some bread and bologne for our lunch and supper (32¢ each compared with $3.00 we would have to pay to eat here.)  Your valentines money is paying for today plus some of my own money.  Miss Klepser (prof. in English dept.) gave us her car but we pay for gas.  This is the all state conference – people here from Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Ypsilanti, & K – total of about 75 people.

2/18/68
Just got back from SS and Church.  I will try to remember to send you the program from yesterday.  Sue and I worked in the kitchen and got our supper free.  This week will be one to quickly forget.  On Wednesday I have an English paper due and a physics exam.  On Thursday I have a math exam.  I got the hem put in my new skirt and I've worn the outfit twice.  Some kids from Western gave me a ride back from SS this morning – just 6 of us in a VW.  I'm going to a fireside at Dr. Chen's – head of library and in political science dept.

Love, Catherine

[from roommate Sarah]
Dear Folks, I have been keeping an eye on Cathy and she has been very good, except when she is in bad trouble.  Chuckle.  King Kong was shown by the campus film society last night.  The president of the society invited me up into the booth, so I watched from there.  Neat.  The kids thought it was a riot, cheered & applauded all the way through it.  I think they made about $100.  Write soon – Sarah (I share the room with Cathy)

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album