Thursday, February 08, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -Feb.6

[postmarked Feb. 6, 1968]

Dear Family,

Hi!  Ouch!  I just saw my grades – and ok – I sure hope you are in a "peachy keen" mood when you see my Biology grade!!!  Of course you will need to be in a good mood when you see the others too – but especially the Biology.

I got Dad's post card today – thanks.  Helen & Reb might come home with me so if you could send permission slips for Helen Old Coyote and Rebecca Winner to come home with me over forced weekend it would help things.

Reb's father died on Christmas Eve this last Christmas.  Her parents were separated but she was closer to her father than mother.  She wanted to go home (Balt. Maryland) for 2nd semester but her mother would not let her.  Things have been rough for her (esp. recently).

Our room hasn't been going to hot yet.  I'm hoping & trying tho.  I can't sleep at night which doesn't help any the next day at all.  At an estimate (& maximum) I sleep  um  6 hours a night.  At least I'm learning the virtue (?) of patience.  If nothing else.

Do you remember Dave Byjeck?  (smily eyes!)  Well – Teacher Tom is going to make him & several boys go home if they don't get their hair cut.  Boy!  He's (Dave) so stubborn & says he won't get it cut.  It's not really all that long either.  Teacher Tom called it discipline.  I suppose if I were Dave I would go home if it (long hair) met that much to me.  Will know more in time.

We got a new boy last week.  He always speaks very profoundly – ick!  sounds like he came straight from Yale or Harvard.  It takes all kinds

I'll be back at E.C. next year, for sure now.  This place sure hasn't help me me none ( um – Any!)  At least NOT academic wise especially.  Guess I'm just dumb though – sorry.

Love,
Roberta

P.S.  Please send permission slips as listed early.  It is ok if they come, isn't it?  How would you like to come & get us Feb. 15, 1968???  Think about it!

I might call next weekend – probably Sunday.  OK?  Want to be sure about Forced week-end & also it will be good to talk to you all after seeing my depressing grade card toay.

You said you would like to come after us???  It would be quite easy to have a full load  no problem there!

SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN!  I have $14.50 at present to my name here in actual currency which all but $1.40 of it is in my envelope.  $7.90 is Sears check – (that I cashed!)

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album