Wednesday, February 28, 2018

1968 Catherine's postcard -Feb. 22


2-22-68
Hi!  Got Mother's long letter today.  I may have to change majors because I'm flunking math, I'm getting C's in physics but I don't really see how I'm doing that well since I'm so totally ignorant in math.  I found someone to help me so I may improve (I obviously can't get any worse) but the process is a long and painful one.  English isn't too hard (at least it doesn't take up an excess of time) but I hate it.  It is so ridiculous to sit around tearing essays apart and criticizing everything.

Hope you had a good trip to Pittsburg and got Roberta and Helen back all right.  I don't care about Spring vacation – the way things are going now I just wish I could hibernate for a week (or a year) not hibernate I guess but at least forget about math.  I finally got an application from The Crestmont Inn, I guess I'll send in the application – there is a place for parents signature so I'll send it on.

Next Thursday I'm going to NY for a conference on Urban Affairs so I'm going to study hard this weekend to make up for all I'll be missing.  Tonight I studied till 9 and then went to listen to a tape of a speech by Robert Kennedy on Vietnam at Dr. Deals.  I still have some English to do but since it is 1 AM now I guess I will go to bed and get up in the morning and do it. 

Let me know about Spring vacation.  If we're not going anywhere I might invite someone who lives too far away to go home, to NV.  It's up to you all – most kids already have plans anyway so it is doubtful if anyone would come.  Going to St. Louis and Chicago sounds fine to me.  I'm agreeable to anything but right now I'm going to bed.

Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album