Wednesday, February 28, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -Feb.23


Feb. 23, 1968
Dear Family,

Hi!  I got Mom's post card in the mail Today.  Thanks alot.

I cam in the infirmary Wed. afternoon and hope to get out tonight.  I came in with a head-ache, cramps & need of sleep.  Now I have a bad head-ache, sore throat & an all over bad feeling.  At that rate I'm anxious to get out.  I told Nurse I felt alot better since I didn't want to be up here the rest of my life!

In History I'm doing much better – I just wish I could say the same for the rest of the stuff.  In English we quit the play early this week because she didn't think we were interested enough in it.  We are now reading Silas Marner.  Ever hear of it?  It's less than exciting by a long way. (so far at least!)

I forgot to go to social comm. meeting both times this week.  On Tuesday I just plain forgot to go & on Thursday I was sick!  We meet over lunch on those two days.

Dan B. (the boy who came to take somebody's place from Cinn.) is going to be on trial next Tuesday because of not registering for the draft. (what you do as soon as you are 18).  I forget what they call it.  He is guilty and will probably have to go to Prison.  I wonder if they will let him finish or if he will have to go to prison right away.  He sent out invitations to his trial.  AFSC is backing him up.  (that's a Quaker group of some kind.)  Time will see.  I'll tell you more later.

Welly, only 27 days till Spring Vacation.  It's coming, It's coming!  Alot will happen before then.  Write soon.

Love,
Roberta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album