Sunday, February 04, 2018

1968 Catherine's Postcard -Jan.31


10:30 PM --1/31/68
Hi!  Yesterday I had about the best birthday party of my life!  There were about 20 girls here in the room and they had each written a little paper on "I like Cathy because . . . ."  As you can imagine the answers were varied!  Just as I blew out the candles on the cake there was a commotion outside the dorm and here were all (well, at least some) of my friends -- Evan, Randy, John S, Tom W. (Chillicothe), Tom E, John McD (Bruce's roommate), Cal Johnson, and maybe some others who I've forgotten.  Anyway, they all sang "Happy Birthday" and it was so sweet only the screen prevented me from jumping out the window!  Instead they were all invited in and we moved the party downstairs.  The cake was supplemented with popcorn, cookies and of course kool-aid and everything disappeared almost immediately.  The radio station even dedicated a song in my honor.  I just remembered I forgot to mention Charley who is the one guy I shouldn't have forgotten. 

I got a package from G'ma today, also cards from Shirley, Marianne & a card from Dennis's family.  I'm really having a riot – Bruce has dimmed again but Evan is coming on strong.  I change my mind about every five minutes so I know you aren't any more confused than I am.  Sue, Sarah, and I are having  a big pancake supper Sunday night and inviting all our male friends.  It should turn out to be very interesting.  Gina said I was the only one who could every get by with inviting so many guys!  In case you wondered I do spend a little time studying – I didn't mean to make it sound like I think of nothing but the social – but it sure is a lot more interesting to write about!

Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album